Cosmetics are substances or products to alter or enhance the appearance of the face and body. Egyptian Men and Women were very fond of eyeliner and eye shadows in dark colours. Ancient Sumerian Men and Women were possibly the first to invent lipstick. The Ancient Greeks also used cosmetics, as did the Ancient Romans. In all these early days Men and Women are mentioned in wearing cosmetics.
In modern times, Women are well adapted in the use of cosmetics, Men not so much. The reality is that Men do wear cosmetics. You just don’t know it. There is proof that makeup is for everyone to enjoy and more and more men make that discovery.
Trying makeup for the first time can be a baffling experience. You do not need to apply a full face. Men usually go for a natural look. When applied correctly, nobody will be able to tell that you are wearing makeup.
The Best Makeup Products for Men
- Concealer is the most popular makeup item amongst men. It gives a natural look and can also be used to cover spots, dark circles under the eyes, bags and puffiness. Choose a shade closest to your skin tone.
- Bronzer will give a slightly heavier coverage of your skin. This will leave your skin with a healthy-looking, natural glow and an even, tanned finish.
- Foundation will cover uneven skin tone without being obvious. For better coverage use it together with a concealer.
- Eyebrow Pencil. You can use this for other areas than the eyebrows, too. Fill in any sparse areas of facial hair.
- Makeup Remover. At the end of the day, it is important to remove any makeup that you applied during the day. Your skin needs to breathe and rest throughout the night in order to stay healthy.
Makeup begins with skin care and should be used to enhance natural features and beauty. We do not call men Beautiful. They rather prefer the term, Handsome. Both words describe something enjoyable to look at, where the saying goes: “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” If cosmetics can enhance the handsome, it should be done.